tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brandon Cruz" <bc...@norvax.com>
Subject Tomcat 3.2.1 classloader hierarchy
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 20:39:43 GMT
I am using Tomcat 3.2.1 as the engine for a web application I have built for
several virtual hosts.  As the application changes, I am looking for a way
to be able to let different hosts use different versions of the application.
Currently, everyone is using one version, located in $tomcat_home$/classes.
It seems that if I put a .jar file of the application into
vhost/web-inf/lib, that all these classes are used first, and I can start
putting newer versions in the specific web application's folder.  Is this OK
to do, or does this cause conflicts that I don't notice yet?

Brandon