tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Philippe Khalife" <pkhal...@dinmar.com>
Subject MOD_WEBAPP & Gzip'ed or Object Streams, Error: Invalid WARP packet type for body
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:31:59 GMT

This is what I'm running.

TC4,
Apache1.3.22
Mod_webapp

I'm having the same problem on Solaris, Linux, and Win2000

I have Servlet that produces output that is either HTML and browser bound or
to communicate with an Applet using Object input/output streams and it works
fine using a gzip'd stream as well, but under the HttpConnector only

Under the Warp Connector,  Servlet->Browser Works fine if the output is
gzip'd or not.

But Servlet->Applet does not, I was getting errors that the stream is
missing the required headers for Gzip to work.
So I disabled the gzip'd stream, the application moves a little further but
Catalina is throwing this error:

java.io.IOException: Invalid WARP packet type for body
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequest$Stream.read(Unknown So
urce)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequest$Stream.read(Unknown So
urce)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestStream.read(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestStream.close(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.close(ObjectInputStream.java:1874)

If anyone has seen this before, or knows what it might be I would really
appreciate your response.

Thanks you,
Philippe.

------------------------- CODE Sample -----------------------------
// Servlet Side
                    //GZIPInputStream gzin = new
GZIPInputStream(request.getInputStream());
                    //in = new ObjectInputStream(gzin);
                    in = new ObjectInputStream(request.getInputStream() );

                    //GZIPOutputStream gzout = new
GZIPOutputStream(response.getOutputStream());
                    //out = new ObjectOutputStream(gzout);
                    out = new
ObjectOutputStream(response.getOutputStream());

// Applet Side

        // Obtain the connection output stream
        OutputStream os = con.getOutputStream();

        // Build a Gzip'd output stream on top of the Connection Output
Stream
        // java.util.zip.GZIPOutputStream gzout = new
java.util.zip.GZIPOutputStream(os);
        // Get the Object Output Stream form the Gzip'd output stream
        //ObjectOutputStream out = new ObjectOutputStream(gzout);

        // No Compressioon
        ObjectOutputStream out = new ObjectOutputStream(os);

        // Get the input Stream
        InputStream is = con.getInputStream();
        // Build the Gzip'd input stream on top the Connection input stream
        //java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream gzin = new
java.util.zip.GZIPInputStream(is);

        //ObjectInputStream in = new ObjectInputStream( gzin );
        // No Compression
        ObjectInputStream in = new ObjectInputStream( is );

The error I'm getting is this: