tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jay Wright <jwri...@once.com>
Subject class loader
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:56:06 GMT

Hopefully this is an easy question that has been worked over many times.

I've just switched from Resin to Tomcat 4.0.  I'm currently testing on
windows, though we'll deploy on Solaris.  Everything looks great so far and
I'm overall very pleased, but have stumbled into one problem:  the
Class.forName(<classname>) is unable to find a class.  In this case, it is
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.  As I've ported the code from Resin to
Tomcat, I know my code is okay, but I wanted to make sure that I'm complying
with the Tomcat container.

I've placed the classes12.jar file (the oracle driver) in
%CATALINA_HOME%/lib.  I've done nothing else, such as add it to a classpath.

Do I need to explicitly set it in the classpath?  Is there a better location
for it?  (I've also tried %CATALINA_HOME%/server/lib and
%CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/<myapp>/WEB-INF/lib).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay