tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nitin Vira" <nv...@juniper.net>
Subject second post: Error while compiling TC4.0
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:21:24 GMT
Hi,

Can someone please help me with the compilation process. Why do i get method not found error
for some Servlet API classes when the method actually exist.

Thanks,
Nitin

-----Original Message-----
From: Nitin Vira
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2001 2:21 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Compilation Error when building Tomcat

Hi,

I am trying to build Tomcat 4.0 from source on windows. I am following the steps given in
the build.txt.
when i am doing ant dist, it gives me compilation error for classes related to servlet API
saying certain method doesnt exist even though the method is present in the interface.
for eg it gave me following error
    [javac] C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-rc1-src\catalina\src\share\org\apache\catalina
\authenticator\FormAuthenticator.java:418: Method getParameterMap() not found in
 interface javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
    [javac]         Map parameters = hreq.getParameterMap();
    [javac]                                              ^

Could you please help.

Regards,
Nitin