tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nitin Vira" <nv...@juniper.net>
Subject Compilation Error when building Tomcat
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:20:55 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to build Tomcat 4.0 from source on windows. I am following the steps given in
the build.txt.
when i am doing ant dist, it gives me compilation error for classes related to servlet API
saying certain method doesnt exist even though the method is present in the interface.
for eg it gave me following error
    [javac] C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-rc1-src\catalina\src\share\org\apache\catalina
\authenticator\FormAuthenticator.java:418: Method getParameterMap() not found in
 interface javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest.
    [javac]         Map parameters = hreq.getParameterMap();
    [javac]                                              ^

Could you please help.

Regards,
Nitin