tomcat-users mailing list archives

From felix <fe...@crucial-systems.com>
Subject Re: class loader
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 01:56:26 GMT

on 10/11/01 3:21 AM, The Duke at mini78@lycos.com wrote:

> You should try the $CaTALINA_HOME\common\lib There are more .jar files in it
> that are available to all applications.

Where is the best place for cross webapp sharable classes for tomcat 3.x ?

> You have to restart Tomcat 4.0 whenever you make changes to server.xml or an
> applications web.xml.

Slightly related question (tomcat 3.x ):
I wrote a class that is intended to be used by a cron process (not through
tomcat).  For testing purposes, I tried putting it in my beans dir, and
found I could test it from a .jsp page.  But once it compiled, any further
changes to the class ( and recompilations with javac) don't have any effect
on what tomcat uses.

i never loaded it as a bean, just
<%
    EmailBatchDispatcher ebd = new EmailBatchDispatcher();
    ebd.sendOfferTo("10","email@address.com");
%>

What way is there to kill it / force it to reload ?  deleting the jsp/java
from the tomcat/work directory ?