tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Hunter Hillegas <li...@lastonepicked.com>
Subject Tag Problems when Compiling Against New Servlet.jar
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2001 19:15:12 GMT
I just started compiling my servlet/taglibs against the servlet.jar included
with Tomcat 4.

Now my taglibs are spouting a TON of errors when they used to cleanly
compile... Some are like this:

classes/com/guerrillabroadcasting/groundswell/tags/IterateTag.java:22:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable SKIP_BODY
location: class com.guerrillabroadcasting.groundswell.tags.IterateTag
            return SKIP_BODY;

-- and --

classes/com/guerrillabroadcasting/groundswell/tags/IterateTag.java:25:
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : variable pageContext
location: class com.guerrillabroadcasting.groundswell.tags.IterateTag
            pageContext.setAttribute(name, iterator.next());

Plus lots more...

A quick look at the spec and I don't think all these things have changed...
What's going on here?

Hunter