tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shah, Chintan V (Chintan)" <cvs...@lucent.com>
Subject RE: URGENT - Tomcat Crashing Frequently Dr. Watson Error
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:33:06 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your reply... then what should i do ? Still my problem is open...
"exactly which driver should I use...and where it is  available...(which
should be freely available, should allow my code to work with that also
without changes, and easily implementable...) ...as within  next two days
I've to launch the application."

I searched for the JDBC drivers on net... I found some of them.. (from
Merant, iNetSoftware....and some others...) , but they are costly... isn't
any option available from Sun itself....???

Within short span..i'm planning to move from MS-Access 2000 to MS-SQL Server
7.0, so, it should be compatible for both..

urgent help and guidance on this is appreciable....

thanks and regards,
Chintan Shah

-----Original Message-----
From: Ignacio J. Ortega [mailto:nacho@siapi.es]
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2001 7:53 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: URGENT - Tomcat Crashing Frequently Dr. Watson Error

This is a problem in JDBC-ODBC Bridge.., asked and answered so many
times.., result was..

JDBC-ODBC is not for production !! or any serious use!!!

In either case never a crash in the JVM can be caused by a Java
program.., it's ever a problem in native parts.., the JDBC-ODBC bridge
in your case..

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega