tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brett Knights" <>
Subject RE: Driver fails to load on two webapps
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 16:57:08 GMT
> Might i try moving the jar to WEB-INF\classes instead of WEB-INF\lib ?

Wouldn't work. Jars are only loaded from the lib directory.

As you did I ended up with my driver jar file in a common directory
(lib/common for tc3.3)
I have a connection pool manager (bitmechanic) and I keep its jar in the
WEB-INF/lib file for my web apps.

Everything seems to work properly.

It's odd that the everything-in-its-webapp-lib-directory approach doesn't
work though.
The DriverManager is supposed to be ClassLoader aware. What happens when you
call DriverManager.getDriver(url) from a simple servlet in each webapp? What
about calling DriverManager.registerDriver() in a load-on-startup servlet in
each webapp?

View raw message