tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bin.Hu...@ReadRite.com
Subject problems on integration Apache 1.3 and tomcat 4.0 under NT envir onment
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 21:49:32 GMT
Hi, there,

Here is the problem:

I succeed install Apache 1.3 and tomcat 4.0.  it works fine independently.

Now I am trying to integrate them together as following:

1) downloaded mod_webapp...for win32 and unzipped

2) copied mod_webapp.so and libaper.dll to the module directory in Apache

3) edit configuration file of Apache and problems appear here:
	A. add a line of :
		LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
		AddModule  webapp_module mod_webapp.c

	B. run the program of test configuration and it returns:

		Cannot add module via name 'mod_webapp.c': not in list of
loaded modules
	C. If I comments out the line" AddModule mod_webapp.c" and run test
configuration, it returns Syntax OK.
		Q: Can we leave this line commenting out?  If no, what to
do?

	D. with the above item C (commenting out), I added the following:
		WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
		webAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/

	    and run the test configuration, it returns:
		Invalid virtual host name
		Q: I did not edit virtual host name, why it says invalid?
How to solve this problem?

	E. For win32, do we need mod_jserv file in the modules directory of
Apache? If yes, where can I find a built mod_jserv file? is the file
"libaper.dll" a equivalent of mod_jserv?

Thank you very much for help.

Bin