tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gaussmann, Horst" <Horst.Gaussm...@db-ig.com>
Subject AW: A servlet which has no mapping?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:18:21 GMT
default doGet() and doPost() returns an http error i think 400.

horst

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dr. Evil [mailto:drevil@sidereal.kz]
Gesendet am: Dienstag, 16. Oktober 2001 11:08
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: A servlet which has no mapping?

Hi, I have a question for all the Tomcat experts:

I am creating a servlet class which extends HttpServlet, but it will
only implement the init() and destroy() methods.  It won't have a
doGet() or any other do*() method.  Its only purpose it to set up a DB
connection pool for use by the custom tag libs.

Because this servlet has no doGet() method, does that mean it can
never be accessed as a page?  Or is there something I should do to
block that?  Or should I create a doGet() method which just returns an
error?  Or is there some better way to initialize my application?

Thanks