tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <ghow...@crosswalk.com>
Subject RE: tomcat session problem
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 20:46:28 GMT
I am pretty sure from having been through this before that Netscape and IE
differ on this issue.  The description below holds for IE, but not Netscape
which will share a session no matter how you open the 2nd window.

Geoff

-----Original Message-----
From: Shah, Chintan V (Chintan) [mailto:cvshah@lucent.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 3:39 AM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: tomcat session problem

Hi Rinku,

Your application should work fine in both the browsers opened
simultaneously...only if the second browser window is not opened from the
first browser window using Ctrl+N....

If you are opening the 2nd browser window from 1st one only... as said
above, then the session object will be single and both of the browsers will
be interacting(i.e. reading, writing or get/set) with the single session
object...and in that case, it will not behave properly..

ya, but if you have opened two browser windows separately, then there will
be two different session objects for each of them, you must be able to work
on both of them simultaneously..

I hope, this will help you.

regards,
Chintan.