tomcat-users mailing list archives

From dmk...@earthlink.net (David M. Karr)
Subject Any reason to use Apache w/ Tomcat for webapp with all dynamic web pages?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 01:20:07 GMT
If you're committed to a project where virtually all of the pages will be
dynamically generated, through JSP most likely, and you're committed to using
Tomcat, is there ANY good reason to use Apache, in addition to Tomcat?

I surveyed the FAQ, and I didn't notice this question being specifically
addressed.  AFAIU, Apache is good for serving static pages or resources.  If
you're only serving dynamic content, it only serves to complicate the
deployment, and serves no useful purpose.

Can anyone give me any opposing viewpoint, assuming a dynamic webapp with
Tomcat?

David M. Karr          ; Best Consulting
dmkarr@earthlink.net   ; Java/Unix/XML/C++/X ; BrainBench CJ12P (#12004)