tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christian Laursen <christ...@pil.dk>
Subject Re: Problems compiling mod_webapp on Solaris 8
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:22:58 GMT
"Quick, Edward T" <Edward.T.Quick@BritishAirways.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems getting the webapp module to compile. I ran configure and that went
OK, but when I run make it fails (see output below). Is there any other way to get tomcat
to work with Apache or do I have to load the webapp module?

You can use a proxied http connecter in tomcat and mod_proxy in apache.

However, tomcat will regard all connections as coming from localhost
(or wherever your apache is running) instead of coming from the user's
real ip address.

I'm not sure about the performance differences.

--
Best regards
    Christian Laursen