tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bob.Dra...@syntegra.com
Subject RE: I'm using Tomcat, do I also need Apache
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:03:46 GMT
Hi Dave,

It's generally reckoned to be most efficient to use Apache to serve your
static content, and Tomcat to run the servlets / JSPs.  Horses for courses.
Front-ending with Apache also allows you to scale up by running multiple
Tomcat iterations for different services.

Cheers,

Bob

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately and delete it without
reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.syntegra.com