tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: ClassNotFoundException when using war file (Tomcat 3.2.3)
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 18:25:35 GMT
I have found that WinZip always displays WEB-INF as "Web-inf"
when viewing the contents of a WAR file.  It doesn't seem to
cause a problem when the WAR is expanded.

It is incorrect to see extra directories created under
WEB-INF/lib.  This suggests that the WAR is packaged
incorrectly.  I can't tell what might be wrong from the
information available so far.  You can use the supplied
WAR files as examples of what a WAR internally might look
like.

Note that Tomcat 3.2.x will not overwrite a web application
directory if it already exists.  You have to delete the
directory first and then restart Tomcat 3.2.x to have the
WAR file re-expanded.

For those using Tomcat 3.3, you can avoid needing to delete the
directory by adding redeploy="true" to the AutoDeploy module
in the server.xml.  When Tomcat is started, it will re-expand
the WAR file.  Also, if the ReloadInterceptor is present,
which it is by default, updating the WAR file while Tomcat
is running will trigger redeploy and restart the web
application the next time it is accessed.

Cheers,
Larry