tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <Larry.Isa...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat-3.3
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:41:36 GMT
The classloader hierarchy in Tomcat 3.3 is very different from
the one in Tomcat 3.2.3.  The change was made so that web server
classes would be largely isolated from web application classes.
This allows each web application to use an XML parser of its own
choosing, instead of requiring all web applications use the same
XML parser that the web server is using.  This change is the
likely cause of your error.  See:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-ug.html#configuring_classes>

for details on the new classloader hierarchy.  See if you can
figure out what needs to be done differently for Tomcat 3.3.
If you still have a problem, please post additional details
about the error you are seeing.

Cheers,
Larry