tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Larry Isaacs <>
Subject RE: Running Tomcat 3.2.3 (or 4.0) on a multi-homed machine.
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:17:43 GMT
On Tomcat 3.2.3, try:

        <Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
            <Parameter name="inet"

On Tomcat 3.3 (and I believe 4.x) add:

to the connector.  For Tomcat 3.3, that would be:

    <Http10Connector port="8080" address="" ... />

Hope that helps.

-----Original Message-----
From: Prasanna Uppaladadium []
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 3:44 PM
Subject: Running Tomcat 3.2.3 (or 4.0) on a multi-homed machine.

Is there a way to run Tomcat 3.2.3 or 4.0 so that the server will listen
on a specific host interface (IP address)?

For example, my machine has two IP addresses ( and I would like to run two instances of Tomcat on port 80
each one listening on one of the interfaces respectively. I specifically
don't want to use Virtual Hosting.

The server.xml file on both versions of Tomcat seem to take a port
parameter but not a host parameter.

One way to solve this of course is to use Apache as a front for Tomcat.
But I would like to use Tomcat as a standard alone web server if at all
this is possible.

Thanks for any help.

View raw message