tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aksel Schmidt <...@terma.com>
Subject RE: mod_webapp connector on linux
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 05:30:14 GMT
> However, I'm still having a problem where I can reach my deployed web
> applications via port 8080 (directly to tomcat), but I can't reach it
> via port 80 (through Apache).  The error message is:

>      WebApp: Error 404
>      (File: wa_request.c Line: 197)
>      -----------------------------------
>      Web-application not yet deployed
>      -----------------------------------

> which is lame since I KNOW the app IS deployed (otherwise, I wouldn't be
> able to access it at 8080)!!!

I guess I have the exact same problem. I expect it to be caused be the fact
that you deploy your web app in another directory than
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps which is fine when deploying to be used by tomcat
alone. But the WebApp module expects every deployment made to reside in the
default web apps directory I'm afraid. This is just an assumption. Does
anyone know better? Can we go around this?
An alternative is to go back using mod_jk and the server.xml contexts. I
haven't tried this yet though.
/aksel