tomcat-users mailing list archives

From twrich...@another.com
Subject Tomcat, JDBCRealm and Mozilla/Netscape with Cookie
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 09:28:02 GMT
Hello there,

sorry, but I think I have to repost my former mail.. The one thing - JDBC Realm does not work
w/o Cookie running  3.2.3 is solved (thanks), but the other problem still exists:

 I am running Tomcat 3.2.3 under Linux and (for test purposes)
 Windows NT. My application uses JDBC-Realm.
 Everything works ok for IE, Opera and Konqueror (except a strange
 delay): I log in with user/password, work and then use a logout
 procedure as follows:

 (...)
 public class logout extends HttpServlet {
   private static final String CONTENT_TYPE = "text/html";
   /**Globale Variablen initialisieren*/
     super.init(config);
   }
   /**Die HTTP-Anforderung Get bearbeiten*/
 response)
       throws ServletException, IOException {
     String url="/index.html";
     HttpSession session = request.getSession(true);
     Connection tbcon = (Connection)session.getAttribute("texdbcon");
     if(tbcon != null) {
       try {
         tbcon.close();
         } catch (SQLException ex)
           {ex.printStackTrace();}
     }
     session.invalidate();
     RequestDispatcher dispatcher =
       getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(url);
     dispatcher.forward(request, response);
   }

   public void destroy() {
   }
 }

 As mentioned above everything works ok with IE and Opera. But the log-out procedure
 doesn't work with Netscape and Mozilla. When logging out for the
 first time and starting the application again (I use  index.html
 then a link to a protected page which forces to call login.jsp) the
 login page appears as expected. But when doing the same procedure a
 second time the protected page appears at once although I am logged
 out! I have examined the cookies and the concerned cookie is still
 there. When deleting the cookie manually everything works as
 expected. The same when closing the browser and starting again.
 Under Konqueror and Linux there is a strange delay. I have to wait
 when logged out and only after a while it is possible to log in
 again normally.

 Can anyone tell me what is going wrong? How to force deleting the
 cookie in the browser? Has anyone encounter the soame problem?

 Regards
 twr

>:-) As sceptical as one can be! (-:<

Personalise your email address at http://another.com
THINK: your slogan or email address on a gorgeous mousemat
CLICK HERE http://another-shop.com