tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cracauer, David D." <dcraca...@vue.com>
Subject mod_webapp/apache & solaris 8 compile problems
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:02:18 GMT

I have a sun blade 100 running Solaris 8 that I am using to show that it is
possible to run our web apps on unix.  I have everything working under
tomcat, but I want to show how well it will perform under apache/tomcat.
This is the factory install that I have added gcc tools to.  When I try to
use the pre-compiled mod_webapp with the pre-compiled httpd that came on the
box I get this:

Cannot load /usr/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so into server: ld.so.1:
/usr/apache/
bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/apache/libexec/mod_webapp.so:
symbol __lshrdi3: referenced symbol not found

When I try to start the httpd binary that I built i get this:

Cannot load /www/libexec/mod_env.so into server: ld.so.1: /www/bin/httpd:
fatal:
 relocation error: file /www/libexec/mod_env.so: symbol ap_palloc:
referenced symbol not found

I'm no genius, but these seem related.  I am more familiar with linux than I
am with solaris, but they don't trust linux here yet.....

Any help appreciated,
Dave