tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Lawlor" <frank.law...@athensgroup.com>
Subject How do I know what security manager is in use?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 16:29:41 GMT
There are now (at least) 3 different web security managers which could
be in use by a web app (JDBC, JNDI, in-memory).  How can I tell which one?

I am writing some general support classes to manage users and
roles.  To support a call like addUser() I need to know which
security manager is in use so I can do the right thing.
Doing things like checking for tomcat-usrs.xml or a particular
security class don't seem adequate.

Further, if the class is, say, JDBCRealm, I would like to also
get the xml properties for connectionURL, connectionName,
connectionPassword, etc. or maybe even the connection
itself.

It seems like this is something the servlet spec should address.

Any suggestions?

Frank Lawlor
Athens Group, Inc.
(512) 345-0600 x151
Athens Group, an employee-owned consulting firm integrating technology
strategy and software solutions.