tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Anand B N <ana...@learningbyte.com>
Subject Re: admin context
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:50:40 GMT
David,

As regards to where to define your users here what you have to do :-

tomcat-users.xml defines a set of roles and users with passwords.

Here's a snippet:-

<tomcat-users>
   <user name="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat" />
   <user name="role1"  password="tomcat" roles="role1"  />
   <user name="both"   password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1" />
</tomcat-users>

What is done normally for the "admin" context is that the role of "admin"
is defined in the <security-constraint> of the web.xml of the admin context.

All you have to do is add a user with suitable userid and password with the
same roles as admin.

i.e. add the follwing line to your tomcat-users.xml

<user name="admin" password="admin" roles="admin" />

Then the userid/password is admin/admin

The server.xml explains clearly what the trusted attribute is supposed to
mean. Here's what it says:-

                  "trusted=false
              (trusted allows you to access tomcat internal objects
              with FacadeManager )"

Hope that helps

Anand