tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Brunton <brun...@dweeb.turner.com>
Subject IllegalStateException from jsp:include..
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 18:24:40 GMT
  It looks like on a jsp:include from Tomcat 4.0.1 on Solaris x86 (JDK
1.3.1_01) I'm getting a IllegalStateException when the JSP engine
actually attempts to include the file (Stack Trace from include in JSP
is at the end). For the Apache side of things I've got document-root set
to /www/si/sifk/ and a symlink from
${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes to the actual location of
all the Servlets in the document-root (NFS mounted to be spread across
multiple machines and one deployment sport). Is there a way to get the
JSP/Jasper engine to realize a different ROOT than the one the servlets
are loaded from? I'd like to set the JSP root to the same as the Apache
document-root so that all things are be dployed at once and I don't have
to go and adjust symlinks for new things. I'm guess that it's either
Jasper/Catalina/Tomcat or the JVM that's having an issue with attempting
to include a file from a symlink.

--
Steve Brunton   <brunton@dweeb.turner.com>  Phone: 404-827-2756
Chief Engineer Enterprise Systems    One CNN Center, Atlanta GA