tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Abinesh S Puthenpurackal <abinesh.puthenpurac...@sdrc.com>
Subject ClassNotFoundException when using war file (Tomcat 3.2.3)
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:45:57 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to use a war which has some jar files in it for my web
application in tomcat 3.2.3. The war file is structured as follows

WarFile.war
    Web-inf/lib/jarfile1.jar
    Web-inf/lib/jarfile2.jar
    Web-inf/lib/jarfile3.jar

When running the application I get ClassNotFoundException for the
classes in the jar file. Also I noticed that empty directories (that
follows my package structure) were created under lib directory. E.g. I
see the following empty directories

%TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/webapplication/Web-inf/lib/examples/addressbook/.....

A workaround is to place the jar files in the tomcat/lib directory. This
will result in the the jars to be added to the classpath and everything
works fine.

I was wondering if anyone knows about a cleaner solution or point out if
there is something that I need to do to get this working (perhaps
something in manifest file or web.xml file etc.).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Abi -