tomcat-users mailing list archives

From McEs <m...@km.ru>
Subject Tomcat 4 with Postgres 7.1
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 01:35:41 GMT
Dear All.

Can smbd help me to setup Tomcat 4 with Postgres 7.1?
I'm so stupid, I can't understand some things.

To use Java/JSP with DB (Tomcat's Realm, Postgres) to check authorities
I should:
1. Make DB with table containing user_name and user_pass
2. Install JDBC driver for Postgres
---- It's ok.
3. Edit "server.xml":

<Realm  className="org.apache.tomcat.request.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
              driverName="org.postgresql.Driver"

connectionURL="jdbc:postgresql://localhost/authority?user=test;password=test"
              userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name"
userCredCol="user_pass"
              userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />

And what's the string: connectionURL
Does it mean, that I should put user's DB into the root www catalog??????
How and where Tomcat can find my user's table?

Thanks, Max