tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bo Xu ...@cybershop.ca>
Subject Re: TOMCAT 4 cannot find my servlet, WHY?????
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:24:29 GMT
Siomara Pantarotto wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I installed tomcat 4. Followed all instructions provided by SUN
>
> but TOMCAT 4 cannot find my servlets.
>
> The JSPs are coming correct but when I invoke a SimpleServlet I get this
> message:
>
> HTTP 404 - File not found
> Internet Explorer
>
> Is there anything I am doing wrong
>
> This is how my appl is structured and where SimpleServelt is located:
>
> webapps\myapp\Web-inf\classes\SimpleServlet
>
> PLEASE can some one reply.
>
> PS: How can I rename Web-inf to all capital letters? WEB-INF
> Ms Explorer always put it small.
>
> thanks
>
> siomara
> [...]

I suggest you try the following:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/index.html
http://127.0.0.1:8080/examples/servlets/index.html
http://127.0.0.1:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

and check if you already define a new Servlet Context in conf/server.xml
and check if the WEB-INF/web.xml is right

BTW, if you already set it to WEB-INF, then it is ok if it still looks like
"Web-inf"(if
you use "right-click+Properties",itsi MS-DOS name will be "WEB-INF")

Bo
Oct.29, 2001