tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Lassie <lam...@altavista.net>
Subject Tomcat 4.0.1 + Apache 1.3.22, Not working on Win2000 ?
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:37:23 GMT
Hi all,

I am desesperatly trying to make Apache 1.3.22 and Tomcat 4.0.1
communicate together on a Win2000 system.

First, I changed my httpd.conf file so it contains the following lines :

(In the loadmodule section)
    LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
(In the Addmodule section)
    AddModule mod_webapp.c
(At the end of the file)
    WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
    WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples

Then, I noticed that if I start Apache BEFORE tomcat, I get the
following error in apache log file :
- Connection "warpConnection" cannot connect
No error, when starting Tomcat First... strange...

Then I did the following test :

http://localhost
=> apache running... OK
http://localhost:8080
=> tomcat running... OK
http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample
=> servlet HelloWorld starting... OK
http://localhost/examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample
=> NOT WORKING (the browser didn't find the url...)

Same results with Apache and Tomcat started in a console or as Win2000
services...

How can I make this thing working ?...

Thanks

Lassie