tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Darrin Taylor <d.tay...@imb.uq.edu.au>
Subject Alert newbie question
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 02:07:33 GMT
Hi all,
sorry if this has been asked before but here goes:
I have Tomcat running on a linux server on port 80 for a proprietry
program, I also have Apache running as my webserver on another port.
Now for DNS purposes I need the Web requests to be redirected to
Apache.  The DNS will link the domain name to the IP address but will
come thru on the same port (80). ie I want to have 2 domain names for
the same IP address.  I am guessing I may be able to do this with
Virtual Hosting in tomcat but all I can find is redirecting with IP
addresses only ... nothing mentioned about different ports
Thanx in advance for a straight forward solution or pointing me to some
helpful docs :)
Darrin

Microarray Computational Manager
Institute for Molecular Bioscience