tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sebastian Bergmann <li...@sebastian-bergmann.de>
Subject Re: Integrating PHP 4 with Tomcat
Date Sun, 28 Oct 2001 06:58:26 GMT
"Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> This one is pretty easy.  Just put "phpsrvlt.jar" in the
> $CATALINA_HOME/lib directory, and it will be made available
> automatically.

  Works.

> The problem under Tomcat 4 is that the element ordering is not legal,
> so the XML parser that reads web.xml rejects it.  To fix this, put all
> the <servlet> declarations first, followed by all the <servlet-mapping>
> declarations.

  Works, too.

> The most likely explanation is that you have a servlet.jar in your
> $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory. This interferes with the servlet.jar
> file that is included with Tomcat, and causes "xxxxx is not a Servlet"
> type error messages.

  I have no servlet.jar in my $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory. However,
  after the two changes above, I'm now getting

    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no php4 in java.library.path
      at net.php.reflect.loadLibrary(reflect.java:34)
      at net.php.reflect.(reflect.java:29)
      at net.php.servlet.init(servlet.java:131)

  This means that PHP's Servlet SAPI module is found and started by
  Tomcat, but somehow does not find the php4ts.dll, that contains the
  PHP processor. Anyways, this is not a Tomcat problem :-)

  Thanks for your fast response,
Sebastian

--
  Sebastian Bergmann