tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jaime Garcia Bonis <>
Subject JNDI question
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:45:46 GMT
Hi evryone

    I have a question about how JNDI works in Tomcat 4.0.1
    How can i set up a JNDI naming repository in order to create a

    In the server.xml i have this:

         <Resource name="jdbc/FtcAppDb" auth="CONTAINER"
          <ResourceParams name="jdbc/FtcAppDb">

        Inside de Context tag of my application.

        In the web.xml i have this:

i get the datasource object doing this :DataSource ds =
but when i try to create the connection object i get a Null Pointer
exception error

Could anyone help me i don't have a clue about what happen.

Thanks for the time