tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <bpor...@f2network.com.au>
Subject automatic shutdown from servlet.init() that is load-on-startup
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 06:20:38 GMT
Hi,

I saw a message a while back on this, but don't remember a solution and
failed to find it in the archives.

I am looking to shutdown Tomcat 4 if a set of initialisation functions
fail. These functions are in the init() method of a servlet that is set
to load on startup (the first).

Throwing a ServletException doesn't stop Tomcat, and I tried calling
Bootstrap.main( new String[] { "stop" } ); but that didn't unbind it
from the port either (it didn't give me any log messages either, but it
did prevent anything executing after that :)

Thanks,
Brett Porter