tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Lee <w...@sendmail.com>
Subject Problem with Tomcat 4.0/Sun's JSSE/Windows/IBM JRE
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:59:21 GMT
I'm having problem running Tomcat in such combination.  I've gotten my
server to use SSL on Tomcat 4.0/Sun's JSSE/Linux/IBM JRE.  The code is
pretty much the same in the Windows version.  When I start the server on
Windows, it doesn't seem to generate any error in any log.  Both 8080
and 8443 ports open after I started the server.  However, only port 8080
works.  I can't connect to 8443.

Trying to use openssl s_client to connect to 8443 in debug mode I got:

CONNECTED(00000003)
1656:error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert
handshake failure:s23_clnt.c:455
:

Is there anyway I can better debug this problem?

--
William Lee (Will)        | Sendmail Inc.
Email:  wlee@sendmail.com | http://www.sendmail.com