tomcat-users mailing list archives

From William Au <bi...@cnet.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4 shared classloader: possible bug
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 18:37:18 GMT
We wanted to put all jar files into WEB-INF/lib.  However some jar files
use JNI so we have to put them in CATALINA_HOME/lib.

With tomcat 3.2, I am using the "-h" option to run multiple instances
with a single installation.  Each instance has its own "lib" directory so
we can use different version of jar files per instance.  It would be nice
if I can do the same in Tomcat 4.0,  especially since 4.0 make running
multiple instances easier with CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE.

Bill