tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nicholas Blachford <nicholas.blachf...@picopoint.com>
Subject Getting apache environment variables into Tomcat
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:03:45 GMT
Hi all,

I've set up Tomcat 4.01 and Apache 1.3.19 and I seem to have them working together.

Only problem is I need to get the environment variable REMOTE_PORT from
Apache.  This appears to be easy in Perl or PHP but trying it in a
servlet appears to be another matter.

request.getHeader("REMOTE_PORT"); does not work.

I've been digging around trying to find out how to do this but can't
find anything (apart from Perl or PHP).

Alternately is there a way to get the remote port directly from Tomcat?
... spose I could ask the developers nicely!

--

Nicholas Blachford
mailto:nicholas.blachford@picopoint.com