tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.cl...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Re: Error compiling mod_webapp.so on Linux
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:02:08 GMT
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Robert Watkins at geek@foo-bar.org wrote:
>
> > I wish it were that simple. There is no stray config.cache in the src distro
> > I'm using -- have I got the wrong one?
>
> I see now that there is a 4.0 "new" and a 4.0 "old" (the "old" one is the
> one I used to compile for Linux on Craig's machines, and the "new" one was
> rolled last Sunday by J.F.)...
>
> J.F., what did you change in the "new" source distribution?

The apr of the "old" is already configured, the config.cache is used and the
results where not very good in the 3 platfroms (Linux/ReliantUnix/Solaris) I was
able to test.

So I have extracted the tarball remove the apr subdirectory, extract a new apr
(tagged APACHE_2_0_25) from CVS and rebuild the package. This one builds on my
Suse 7.2.