tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fabio Mengue <>
Subject Re: Poolman w/ TC4.0 final
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:06:25 GMT
I'm getting the same kind of error. Something about the SAXParser.

Poolman 2.0.4, TC 4.0 with Linux (Kernel 2.4.5, Sun JDK 1.3.1_1).

I tried to put the poolman jar files on TOMCAT/common/lib. When I try to
execute the Poolman Database Client (Poolman.jsp), I get

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
        at org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown

And TC just CRASH.

Then I tried to put the poolman jar files on
TOMCAT/webapps/poolman/WEB-INF/lib. Tried to execute Poolman.jsp, and got

Crash again.

I'm waiting for Poolman 2.1 (due for release Oct 8, er, 12 :). Hope this is
corrected by then.

Steven Elliott wrote:

> I have been getting a PARSE error at line 1 column -1,
>  org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: org.apache.crimson.parser/V-005 web-app
> which is coming upon TC startup after dropping poolman.war (2.0.4) into the
> TC webapps directory.  Tomcat will expand the WAR but when I try to access
> the app via:
> I get a 404.
> This is a fresh installation of TC v4.0 on a Win2000Pro platform.
> poolman.jar is in the JRE/lib/ext directory so should be available to the
> VM.
> I have made all the other files related to poolman available in the same
> directory:
>     JRE/lib/ext
>                     ant.jar
>                     jdbc2_0-stdext.jar
>                     jmxri.jar
>                     jmxtools.jar
>                     jta.jar
>                     junit.jar
>                     poolman-testsuite.jar
>                     xerces.jar
> I realize that the above is not ideal, but due to my unfamiliarity with Win
> I thought I would start where everything could be found and then begin
> optimizing the configuration once I had a working poolman.
> Problem is with the SAX parser so if anyone can help it would be
> appreciated.  Didn't find anything in the archives nor on the codestudio
> site relating to the problem.
> Has anyone got Poolman running successfully with TC4.0 on Win2000Pro?
> If so could you detail your installation and related files.
> Thanks for the help
> Steven
> //*
> Steven Elliott      <
> Head of Technology
> VTV Learning Corporation
>          Los Angeles  -  Boston  -  Lisbon
>         (

Fabio Mengue - Centro de Computacao - Unicamp
Vacum ad brejus mobilet

View raw message