tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Gokey <cgo...@gcmd.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: corrupt mod_webapp
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 02:23:33 GMT
I'd like to know the answer to this as well, although I have succesfully
compiled modwebapp under Linux, Solaris 7, and IRIX 6.5, I'm very
interested to know if we should use mod_jk because it is more stable
(since it has been around longer)?  I'm getting the impression from also
these posts that modwebapp is only beta at this moment and it might be
best to use mod_jk...?

Thanks,
Chris

Greg Chakmamkian wrote:
> Oh, I was under the impression that tomcat 4 used mod_webapp instead of
> mod_jk.  Can I still use mod_jk?
>

> On Monday, October 8, 2001, at 06:39 PM, tom cat wrote:
>
>>> From: "Greg Chakmakian" <gregchak@mac.com>
>>> To: <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>>> Subject: corrupt mod_webapp
>>> Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 14:14:48 -0400
>>>
>>> I am trying to connect mod_webapp to apache.  My problem is that
>>> every time
>>> I download the file it gets corrupt.  I am running OS X which there is a
>>> disclaimer on the main download page, but I am extracting the file with
>>> stuffit expander rather the GNU gzip commands from the terminal.  I have
>>> even tried downloading it to a windows machine and copying the files
>>> over.
>>> No luck.  I tried the mirror sites for apache, but there is nothing for
>>> tomcat.  Is there anywhere else I might be able to get the mod_jk file?
>>>
>>> -greg
>>

>> mod_webapp is hosed anyway on all the platforms, even though the
>> developers are not willing to admit it.
>>
>> Have you tried downloading mod_jk?

/\

	           \
\_| Christopher D. Gokey, SSAI, NASA/GCMD          |
   | 18 Martin Road, Shelburne Falls, MA  01370     |
   | Phone: Voice (413) 625-8129 / FAX 208-248-9055 |
   | cgokey@gcmd.nasa.gov / http://gcmd.nasa.gov    |
   | ICQ #52132386, AOL IM: chrisgokey              |