tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Gokey <cgo...@gcmd.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: mod_webapp
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2001 17:28:04 GMT
This brings up another point... I was under the assumption that if
Tomcat 4 has been officially released (i.e., stable, as good as it
gets!), then modwebapp would also be classified the same way?  Is this
not true?  Should I be putting my effort towards getting mod_jk to work
with Tomcat 4 instead?  I recently was able to compile modwebapp under
Solaris 7 but during my testing, it crashed on me. I haven't seen it
happen since but when it goes into production, I  want to make sure it
holds up under the load.  Should I not be using modwebapp?

Chris

Michael Weissenbacher wrote:
> the problem here is that it's a waste of time for everyone to get the
> information needed about combining tc4 with apache, which is, what i think,
> the most natural combination. if there were at least a few sentences saying
> that mod_webapp is not really released yet and that mod_jk would be the way
> to go it would have saved many people a lot of time.
> so i wonder why are the binaries of mod_webapp in the release directories?
> i've digged through all the messages in the archive and sadly i only found
> questions and problems with mod_webapp and no real solutions.
>
> michael

/\

	           \
\_| Christopher D. Gokey, SSAI, NASA/GCMD          |
   | 18 Martin Road, Shelburne Falls, MA  01370     |
   | Phone: Voice (413) 625-8129 / FAX 208-248-9055 |
   | cgokey@gcmd.nasa.gov / http://gcmd.nasa.gov    |
   | ICQ #52132386, AOL IM: chrisgokey              |