tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Ward <david.w...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk & Tomcat 4.0
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 22:53:45 GMT
Vinay,

Sorry to follow this from one list to another, but I found the
tomcat4-mod_jk link:
http://jakarta.apache.org/~hgomez/ajp13-tc4.0/

However, you're right - mod_webapp (warp connections) is the preferred
interface to use with catalina, not mod_jk (ajp12/13 connections).

And, hopefully not confusing others who didn't follow this thread on the
JBoss list, remember (1) I have yet to get mod_webapp to work against
jboss-deployed apps, and (2) catalina's server.xml file is ignored by
the current integration bundle so the directions at the above url won't
help us at all (unless we figure out how to set those properties in the
jboss.jcml file in the EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX MBean block).

David

--

menonv wrote:

> Hello Again,
> 	After some digging around the server.xml file I realise that Tomcat
> 4.0 * does * have Apache intergation via the mod_webapp. Surprisingly when I
> downloaded and installed the Windows version, I didn't get a mod_webapp.dll.
> Did find a wrap.jar. Is that all? The documentation referred to
> mod_webapp.so. Is a built so available from somewhere or do we need to build
> it?
>
> Many thanks
>

> Vinay

David Ward                                        david.ward@dotech.com
Senior Software Engineer                          http://www.dotech.com
Distributed Object Technologies, Inc.             716-381-8320 (phone)
500 Linden Oaks, Rochester, NY 14625              716-381-0598 (fax)