tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jean-frederic clere <jfrederic.cl...@fujitsu-siemens.com>
Subject Re: mod_webapp connector on linux
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 15:44:17 GMT
David Ward wrote:

> John,
>
> I have the same exact setup and had the same exact problem.  After
> searching the user lists, I found I had to *uncomment* this line in my
> httpd.conf file:
> #ServerName localhost
>
> It seems that mod_webapp cares about it, though mod_jk didn't.  (The
> eapi thing is just a warning, and Apache starts up ok with it.  I'm
> anxiously waiting for a mod_webapp_eapi.so file to show up on the
> jakarta site...)
>
> However, I'm still having a problem where I can reach my deployed web
> applications via port 8080 (directly to tomcat), but I can't reach it
> via port 80 (through Apache).  The error message is:
>
>      WebApp: Error 404
>      (File: wa_request.c Line: 197)
>      -----------------------------------
>      Web-application not yet deployed
>      -----------------------------------
>
> which is lame since I KNOW the app IS deployed (otherwise, I wouldn't be
> able to access it at 8080)!!!

No that not is true. The local TC standalone application is deployed under
localhost the mod-webapp one is virtualhost:
+++
jakarta@vtxclere:~/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/build > ls -l work
total 12
drwxr-xr-x    7 jakarta  users        4096 Oct  3 12:38 localhost
drwxr-xr-x    3 jakarta  users        4096 Oct  3 14:22 toto.bcn.fsc.net
drwxr-xr-x    3 jakarta  users        4096 Oct  3 14:07 vtxclere.bcn.fsc.net
+++
Here localhost is the TC standalone the 2 others are mod_webapp results of
application deployement. (2 virtual hosts toto and vtxclere).