tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John J Brecht" <john.bre...@sri.com>
Subject attibute has no value
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 18:49:50 GMT
I'm having a very simple problem.  I am attempting to migrate some
applications that ran fine under ServletExec to Tomcat 4.0.  Jasper
fails to parse my JSPs, throwing the folling error:

2001-10-02 10:46:44 ApplicationDispatcher[/DLServlet] Servlet.service()
for servlet jsp threw exception
org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParseException: /DLjsp/login.jsp(3,33)
Attribute servletPath has no value
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.parseAttributeValue(JspReader.java:563)
	at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader.parseTagAttributes(JspReader.java:681)
.
.
.

here is the beginning of my JSP, the code that it is complaining about:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN"
        "http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Wilbur/HTML32.dtd">
<%@ page import="com.sri.ctl.dl.* %>
<jsp:useBean id="servletPath" scope="request" class="String"/>

In my servlet code, I included print statements that give the request's
attributes and their values right before I forward to the JSP, and it
shows that the attribute "ServletPath" exists, and has a value, as it
should.  I get this error in general for any bean i try to use in this
way.

Anyone know what might be going on?

-john