tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Ward <david.w...@dotech.com>
Subject Re: mod_webapp connector on linux
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 16:30:36 GMT
John,

I have the same exact setup and had the same exact problem.  After
searching the user lists, I found I had to *uncomment* this line in my
httpd.conf file:
#ServerName localhost

It seems that mod_webapp cares about it, though mod_jk didn't.  (The
eapi thing is just a warning, and Apache starts up ok with it.  I'm
anxiously waiting for a mod_webapp_eapi.so file to show up on the
jakarta site...)

However, I'm still having a problem where I can reach my deployed web
applications via port 8080 (directly to tomcat), but I can't reach it
via port 80 (through Apache).  The error message is:

     WebApp: Error 404
     (File: wa_request.c Line: 197)
     -----------------------------------
     Web-application not yet deployed
     -----------------------------------

which is lame since I KNOW the app IS deployed (otherwise, I wouldn't be
able to access it at 8080)!!!

If you can get past that, please let me (and the list) know.

Thanks,
David

--

John Cartwright wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'm trying to establish a connection between apache 1.3.20 and tomcat4
> using the binary distribution of the mod_webapp connector.
>
> I added the following lines to my httpd.conf file via Include directive:
>
> LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
> AddModule mod_webapp.c
> WebAppConnection conn      warp  localhost:8887
> WebAppDeploy     examples  conn  /examples4
> WebAppInfo /webapp-info
>
> Tomcat4 is up and seems to be running fine.  However, when I try to
> start apache, I get:
>
> Starting httpd: [Tue Oct  2 09:49:36 2001] [warn] Loaded DSO
> modules/mod_webapp.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash
> under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
> Syntax error on line 4 of /var/tomcat4/conf/mod_webapp.conf:
> Invalid virtual host name
>
> This machine is:
> Red Hat Linux release 7.1 (Seawolf)
> Kernel 2.4.3-12smp on a 2-processor i686
>
> Can someone direct me to what I'm doing wrong?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -- john

> John Cartwright
> Professional Research Assistant / Associate Scientist
> CIRES, SEG/NGDC/NOAA
> (303) 497-6284
> jcartwright@ngdc.noaa.gov

David Ward                                        david.ward@dotech.com
Senior Software Engineer                          http://www.dotech.com
Distributed Object Technologies, Inc.             716-381-8320 (phone)
500 Linden Oaks, Rochester, NY 14625              716-381-0598 (fax)