tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Cartwright <jcartwri...@ngdc.noaa.gov>
Subject mod_webapp connector on linux
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 16:08:40 GMT
Hello All,

I'm trying to establish a connection between apache 1.3.20 and tomcat4
using the binary distribution of the mod_webapp connector.

I added the following lines to my httpd.conf file via Include directive:

LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c
WebAppConnection conn      warp  localhost:8887
WebAppDeploy     examples  conn  /examples4
WebAppInfo /webapp-info

Tomcat4 is up and seems to be running fine.  However, when I try to
start apache, I get:

Starting httpd: [Tue Oct  2 09:49:36 2001] [warn] Loaded DSO
modules/mod_webapp.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash
under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
Syntax error on line 4 of /var/tomcat4/conf/mod_webapp.conf:
Invalid virtual host name

This machine is:
Red Hat Linux release 7.1 (Seawolf)
Kernel 2.4.3-12smp on a 2-processor i686

Can someone direct me to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

-- john

John Cartwright
Professional Research Assistant / Associate Scientist
CIRES, SEG/NGDC/NOAA
(303) 497-6284
jcartwright@ngdc.noaa.gov