tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Ward <david.w...@dotech.com>
Subject HELP: Web-application not yet deployed
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 02:14:42 GMT
I am using Apache 1.3.19-5 on Red Hat Linux 7.1, i386 kernel 2.4.3-12
with JDK 1.3.1-b24, deploying on JBoss-2.4.2_Tomcat-4.0 bundle.

I have Apache configured to use mod_webapp, and it starts up with no errors.

I am using JBoss' auto-deploy feature which automcatically deploys the
web-tier components of a J2EE app into Tomcat 4.  I know that this is
working ok since if I surf to http://localhost:8080/myapp/ , things work
great.

However (and here's my problem), if I surf to http://localhost/myapp/
(port 80), I get this error:

	WebApp: Error 404
	(File: wa_request.c Line: 197)
	-----------------------------------
	Web-application not yet deployed
	-----------------------------------

Anyone else see this?  Again, I KNOW it's deployed since surfing
directly to port 8080 works fine.  I just can't get to it via Apache.

Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks,
David

BTW, I do an include at the bottom of my httpd.conf where the contents
look like this:

	LoadModule webapp_module modules/mod_webapp.so
	<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
	WebAppConnection conn warp localhost:8008
	WebAppDeploy myapp conn /myapp
	</IfModule>

The only thing that' suspicious is that I get a warning when starting
httpd that I should use an eapi version of mod_webapp since my apache is
SSL-ized.  I don't think this should be a problem on a test system,
though I'm curious if there's a pre-compiled binary out there that
provides EAPI support for mod_webapp.......