tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tony Mueller <To...@BristolFarms.com>
Subject Broken pipe message in tomcat.log
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:39:53 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 3.2 and I get the message:

Context log: path="/rpm" Broken pipe /rpm/servlet/rpm.Login
Context log: path="/rpm" Broken pipe /rpm/servlet/rpm.Login
Context log: path="/rpm" Broken pipe /rpm/servlet/rpm.Login
Context log: path="/rpm" Broken pipe /rpm/servlet/rpm.Login

in my tomcat.log file when I try to access my login servlet.

This only happens occasionally and makes tomcat hang.

I've read the archives and none of the proposed solutions seem to apply
to my situation since I'm not using any connection broker in this servlet.
Also each call to the servlet establishes a connection and then
disconnects so my problem is not related to a connection timing out due
to any servlet inactivity.

In addition I've checked during this hang to see if I'm running out
of db connections. I'm not.

Also what is interesting, If I wait about 2 minutes the servlet
will finally connect and let my application continue on is merry way
(much to the annoyance of my users)

I'm sure others are having this problem or have had this problem and
found a solution.

Thanks

Tony Mueller