tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Bruno" <and...@xenon.com.au>
Subject TC4.0.1 on WINDOWS 2000 shutdown problem
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2001 03:17:51 GMT
Hello,

I am having problems shutting down tomcat on a windows2000 server.

The other puzzling issue is that I dont have any services starting
tomcat up when the box starts up, so why is tomcat running?

There is a tomcat.exe process running, of which I cannot end?

Here is the output:

D:\tomcat\bin>shutdown
Using CATALINA_BASE: D:\tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME: D:\tomcat
Using CLASSPATH:
D:\tomcat\bin\bootstrap.jar;C:\jdk1.3.1\lib\tools.jar
Using JAVA_HOME:     C:\jdk1.3.1
Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:320)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:133)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:120)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.stop(Catalina.java:826)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:683)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)
D:\tomcat\bin>

Any ideas, troubleshooting hints appreciated..

Thanks, Andrew