tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ivan F. Martinez" ...@ivanfm.com>
Subject Why no default conf/web.xml in TC 3.3 ?
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 12:55:53 GMT
I have in my system a default web.xml that works fine in TC 3.2.x, but it dows not work in
3.3
looking at code the call for readDefaultWebXml() is commented out in WebXmlReader.java

Without conf/web.xml read I can't make default servlet configurations for all contexts like
I do today.

The comments in code talk about 3.2 version, but this is the source for the 3.3
---------------------------------
	    // We may read a "default" web.xml from INSTALL/conf/web.xml -
	    // the code is commented out right now because we want to
	    // consolidate the config in server.xml ( or API calls ),
	    // we may put it back for 3.2 if needed.
	    // note that web.xml have to be cleaned up - only diff from
	    // default should be inside
	    // readDefaultWebXml( ctx );

	    File inf_xml = new File(ctx.getAbsolutePath() +
				    "/WEB-INF/web.xml");
	    if( inf_xml.exists() )
		processWebXmlFile(ctx, inf_xml.getPath() );