tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Scott Walter <tx_scottwal...@yahoo.com>
Subject JNDI Access
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:11:08 GMT
Is there a way to access the JNDI directory outside of
a Tomcat (like a command-line Java tool).

I need to get access to a resource reference that is
defined in Tomcat outside of Tomcat.  Using
application servers I can pass a Properties object to
the InitialContext constructor.

Can this be done with Tomcat?  If so what paramters
would I need?

I tried this:

Hashtable props = new Hashtable();
props.put(
"java.naming.factory.initial","org.apache.naming.java.javaURLContextFactory"
);
props.put( "java.naming.provider.url","localhost:1099"
);

InitialContext ic = new InitialContext(props);

thanks.

=====