tomcat-users mailing list archives

From mperreno <mperr...@iismail.unil.ch>
Subject important: help needed with servlets path
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:42:06 GMT
(apache 1.3.12 tomcat 3.3)

As seen in the doc, an url path can be sliced in

context path + servlet path + path info

what's not said is that once the context path is matched, the servlet path
must contain "/servlet/" for the servlet path to be interpreted as a servlet!

Actually I use jserv and I have the following directive

ApJServMount /script /java

and any url matching http://host/script/* is a servlet
I *have to* do the same thing with mod_jk

I have ~160 virtual hosts and 6500 servlets, so I can't name them all in a
web.xml file

This could be done with Tomcat3.2 in which one could change the /servlet/
prefix with anything (prefix="/" for me) in the <RequestInterceptor>

help

--
mathieu perrenoud [iis]